Get ready for going out in these few steps….
1. Go for contrasting lids and tips. Pair a smoldering eye look with a crisp off-white nail polish. The combo looks elegant, plus you won’t have to worry about your manicure matching your clothes. .
2. Get tan and toned. Look like a golden goddess by mixing liquid bronzer with a firming body cream, then massage it into your arms. It’ll temporarily tighten your skin and give it a glow, says Scarlett Messina, a Pennsylvania-based makeup artist.
3. Perfect your complexion. Camouflage any pimples by applying a yellow-based cover-up to counteract the redness. Use a concealer brush to pat it on precisely, then blend the edges with your ring finger, says Tracy Brennan, owner of Kalologie, a beauty boutique in Los Angeles.
4. Pump up the volume. For oomphy, tousled strands, try this trick from Nathaniel Hawkins, a celeb hairstylist who has worked with the Olsen twins: When you’re finished blow-drying your hair, switch to the cool setting, flip your head over, and aim the nozzle around randomly for a few minutes. “This creates pockets of air between your locks so they look extra full,” he says.
5. Sweeten up your cheeks. Create a foxy flush with a deep berry powder blush. Use a fluffy brush to swirl it in small, circular motions over the apples of your cheeks and back toward your hairline, says NYC makeup artist Greg Vaughan. This will blend the color evenly. Try Cargo Blush in Mallorca, $22.
6. Make your gloss multitask. Keep a pearly white lip gloss in your desk drawer to slick not only on your lips but also on your brow bones and cheekbones as highlighter, says Pati Dubroff, an L.A.-based celebrity makeup artist. A universal hue she loves: Dior DiorKiss in Sorbet Meringue, $19.
7. Rework your hair flair. A glittery accessory adds instant glamour to any hairstyle. If you forget to bring one to work, use a brooch from your sweater.